- What should I do with my life?
- Who should I marry?
- Is God calling me to mission?
- Which University should I go to?
- Where and when should I plant a church?
- What should I invest my money in?
- Which job should I apply for?
- How should I respond to the trial(s) I’m facing?
- Should I go to that party on Friday?
It’s fair to say that guidance is one of the most common issues that I get asked to address by members of my church, young people who I mentor and by my friends in general. Sometimes the answers are very simple:“No, I don’t think you should be a crack dealer!” More often than not, however, helping people to discern the will of God for their life is a complex, time-consuming process requiring wisdom, patience and courage. Being asked to speak into people’s lives in this way is a real privilege, but also a huge responsibility as the implications of conclusions reached and decisions made will often affect the course of people’s lives. However, I take great comfort in the knowledge that God is alive, He is loving, He is actively involved in His world, He has a good plan for His people and He still speaks today.
Therefore it’s my intention to do a short series of posts through which I want to highlight 6 ways in which I believe that God speaks and guides us today. These 6 ways are:
- The Bible
- Personal Circumstances
- Prophetic Intervention
- God-given Burden
- Wise Counsel
Hope it’s going to be helpful to you…