Firstly, twice as many people have visited the Rant this year compared to 2009.
- 2009 – 12,687
- 2010 – 25,501
I’m quite sure that for prolific bloggers that’s a pretty small number of people, but for a small-time amateur like me, I’m pretty blown away! Why an average 72 people per day bother stopping by is anyone’s guess – but apparently they do – and you’re one of them! So thanks very much for the interest and support!
2. TOP 10 POSTS
Here’s the 10 posts that generated the most interest in 2010:
- To Ouagadougou in the name of Compassion – This was my most popular post by an absolute mile this year. It was posted while me and James were on our mission trip to Burkina Faso in January, and such was the excitement back home at Hill City I can only assume that people were sat there pressing ‘refresh’ all day!
- These Words – Posted on Boxing day 2009, this was a simple entry that contained the words to a poem I wrote to put in the Bible I had given Michelle for Christmas.
- About Dai – I’m thinking quite a few people stumbled across the Rant by accident and clicked on the ‘About Dai’ page cos they wanted to know who the dickens I am!
- Trevolution Successfully Launched – I’ve got a theory on why this post was so popular. Basically it contains an image called ‘Trevolution grunge logo’ and I think people who have googled ‘grunge logo’ end up here! I’m going to change the name of the image and see what happens!
- Planting a church on the Rock of Desolation – Without doubt my most controversial post! It’s the one in which (via sketchy iPhone video) I announced Hill City’s plans to plant a church on Garndiffaith next year. What followed was 25 comments (not all positive) making it my most commented on post to date!
- Grace 7 – Rage Removal – The final part of my Grace That Shines In The Dark series, written after mam died last year.
- Satisfied Saviourr – Reflections on the passion of Jesus Christ, written on Good Friday last year.
- A Beautiful Day Intro – I posted the first draft of my introduction for one of the books I’m writing. Apparently it was quite a popular read!
- Prayer Week – Post that gave details for our week of prayer back in January.
- Music – The page that profiles some of the music I’ve written over the years – from worship to grime.
3. TOP 10 REFERRERS
Here’s the top 10 websites that have pointed people to the Sanctified Rant:
- Hill City Church – The link on Hill City’s homepage attracted 4,931 hits to the Rant in 2010! That’s nuts!
- Twitter – Second on the hit list is Twitter, bringing in 774 hits.
- Saint Beagle – Loving that my mate Sammy Davies’ blog is 3rd on the hit-list! (Respect bruv!)
- Facebook – I’m not even on facebook – so can’t really explian that one!
- Google – Good ole Google – the muvva of all search engines!
- Bloglines – Don’t even know what this site is – but thanks to them anyway!!
- NewBreed – Glad to see that the New Breed blog is generating traffic for the Rant.
- Fotidzo – Big up to my mate Larry who’s buzzin little blog is also sending visitors my way (thanks bredrin!)
- WordPress – Loving that ‘mum’ (WordPress) still talks about her little boy – (Sanctified Rant) and sends people to visit!
- Google Reader – Never heard of this one either…
4. TOP CLICKS
There’s loads of links and buttons to click on the Rant’s homepage. Here’s the 10 that got clicked most often:
- Dai on Twitter
- Hill City Church
- New Breed
- Adrian Warnock
- Argus Article about my DJing/church planting adventure
- Gary Smith’s Blog
- Sovereign Grace Church Merthyr
- Very Random Thoughts
- Nigel James
- Dai Woolridge
5. TOP 3 SEARCH ENGINE TERMS
It seems that people have been typing all sorts into Google, Yahoo etc. and ending up at the Sanctified Rant. Here’s the top 3:
- “Lonely” – The most popular term. I’m not sure why it’s proved such a popular portal, though it may related to a post I did earlier in the year that refers to loneliness statistics. Whatever the reason, I’m probably going to respond to this statistic in 2011 by writing a proper post about the gospel’s answer to loneliness. Watch out for it…
- “Burkina Faso” – This one makes a lot more sense as this year I’ve blogged A LOT about Hill City’s partner church in Burkina Faso. I guess Google picked up on it!
- “Sanctified Rant” – Nice that some people know the blog by name and when they type it into a search engine – they end up at their desired destination!
So there you have it!
Hope that wasn’t too geeky for you!
Coming soon on the Rant – Hill City Church Reflections 2010. Stay tuned…