WE ARE LOOKING FOR GOSPEL-HEARTED WARRIORS TO CONSIDER INTERNING WITH US…
One of the reasons that I love being part of the Acts 29 Europe network is that they are not only passionate about planting churches, they are passionate about planting churches that plant churches that plant churches…
I share the same conviction, which is why at Hill City we have always sought to have young people serving with us as a part of their training and preparation for future church planting and gospel ministry. In fact, one of my greatest joys over recent years has been to see some of the people that we have invested in leaving Hill City and going on to plant, lead and serve other churches.
Anyway, as the Hill City mission roles on at pace and I start to get my head around my new role as Acts 29 Wales director, it has become apparent that now would be a good time to take on a new church planting intern. As a church we have never been better positioned to train, assess and send church planters. Similarly, we are now at a stage where we could be incredibly flexible in what we offer: full time, part time, bi-vocatinal, living alone, living with a pastor and family…we can literally custom-build an internship programme that matches the circumstances and aspirations of the intern.
Below are 12 things that we can promise you will receive as church planting intern, as well as 12 things that we guarantee you won’t get.
What you get:
- You will be based at Hill City Church, a young, growing and exciting church in the Eastern Valley.
- You (and your family) will be warmly welcomed into a church family that will love you and look after you.
- You will have an abundance of opportunities to serve in a variety of gospel ministries: some public, some behind the scenes and some pioneering. None particularly glamorous!
- You will be in the perfect context to explore your gifting and calling further.
- You will get to live locally and serve on the frontline as part of one our Gospel Communities.
- You will be given opportunities to observe and serve in other missional contexts and new church plants around South Wales.
- You will work alongside the Acts 29 Wales director as he works with church leaders, church planters and potential church planters from all around Wales.
- You will have the opportunity to have your credentials as a church planter assessed by Acts 29.
- You will get to attend various conferences and training days hosted by Acts 29 throughout the year.
- You will be given space and opportunity to pursue theological training that is both missional and contextual.
- You will get a financial contribution towards your living expenses.
- You will flippin’ love it!
What you don’t get:
- You will not be taken for granted.
- You will not be be treated like you’re any more special than anyone else in church.
- You will not be treated as inferior or ignored like you have nothing of significance to offer.
- You will not be abandoned and left to your own devices.
- You will not have an easy ride of it.
- You will not be used, abused, burnt out and spat out at the end.
- You will not get a promise that you won’t be pushed to your limits, stretched and challenged.
- You will probably not have signed a book deal or received global recognition as a marquee preacher by the end of your internship.
- You will not receive fame and fortune (but if you do, we would expect your tithe to reflect this ; -)
- You don’t get a jet with your name on it…
- …or even a bike with your initials scratched into it.
- You won’t have to worry about looking back on your internship and wondering it had been a complete waste of time…cos it won’t be!
If you’re interested or would like to find out more, please email me email@example.com.